About Us & Ethical Practices
Evolution has been a driving force in clothing retail since 2005 with stores through out New Zealand. Having a solid reputation for designing fashion forward high quality event dresses, our "made to order collection" was created from the strong desire of our customers wanting our designs for their bridesmaid dresses. Our customers not only wanted their bridal party to look and feel amazing but they wanted dresses that their bride tribe could wear again
Owner and Designer Miranda Cobb saw a massive gap in the market from listening to her customers and that is when the collection evolved. Miranda and her design team curated a unique, classic and fashion forward selection of beautiful bridesmaid dresses that are made to order for the brides special day, with the clear desire for the collections to be re-worn and not hidden away in the back of a closet after the event.
Miranda is conscious that all business's need to reduce their fashion foot print and eliminate disposable fashion. This was the main driving force behind creating our "Made To Order Collection" rather than manufacturing mass production When our bride's place their order with us, this is when production commences, making only what the bride has ordered and therefore reducing the impact on our beautiful planet
Having firmly cemented their position in the bridal sector Evolution's Bridesmaid range is now a highly sought after option for the fashion savvy bride. Evolution offers a wide range of sizes, styles and colours with a custom colour option also available which is unique to the bridal market
Fair trade and ethical working conditions is a top priority for us as a business and we are very excited that customers are now as invested in the ethical process as we are!
All our clothing is designed in New Zealand and made in Indonesia by an amazing talented skilled team. All the staff that are involved in the manufacturing of every item from the Pattern Makers, Cutters, Tailors, Quality Control Staff (just to name a few) are respected and well looked after
- All staff work a maximum of 40 hours per week
- All staff get paid meal and petrol allowances daily and get a 1 hour paid lunch break daily
- All staff get paid above the recommended wage set by the government in each region, in Indonesia the government sets wage regulations
- All religious allowances and ceremonies are given as we understand all cultures need to be respected and valued
- All the machines, equipment and factory building are of the highest standard and regularly serviced and maintained to ensure safe working conditions
- Loans are often given interest free to staff that need additional money for schooling, housing and religious ceremony needs